Position: Business Development Manager- Global Corporates of Finland
Employer: Save the Children Finland (SCF), Fundraising Unit
Location: SCF Head Office (HO) Helsinki
Duration: 12 months (maternal cover)
Reporting: Head of Fundraising Unit
Salary: On agreement
The Business Development Manager will work as member of the Fundraising Unit and closely with the International Programs at HO.
Identification of donor opportunities
- Identify, research, and disseminate information on new funding opportunities from Global Corporates.
- Cultivate business relationships with external stakeholders and potential partners for large scale or strategic funding opportunities.
- Pro-actively seek donor intelligence on prospective new opportunities or partnerships.
- Provide updated information to International Programmes’ team to stimulate increased and new investments
- Ensure key contacts, required formats and donor strategies are kept up-to-date.
Facilitate donor engagement
- Cultivate excellent working relationships with corporates as appropriate and as indicated by the line manager.
- Cultivate excellent working relationships with Save the Children members’ corporate teams at head office level
- Represent SC Finland in relevant donor fora, workshops and conferences where new business development opportunities can be formulated, as indicated by the line manager.
Coordinate proposal development
- Directly involved in the development of high-value or complex proposals or bids. Provides leadership, co-ordination and direct input and support to proposal development teams.
- Set proposal development processes including needs assessments; organization and facilitation of project designing meetings and workshops with concerned experts and managers.
- In collaboration with colleagues, identify needs for additional technical support and resources required to support proposal development.
- Represent Save the Children Finland generally (along with technical experts) in consortium meetings regarding proposal development.
Quality Management for Donor Engagement
- Oversee the synthesis of key donor reports across programme sites, ensuring quality and timely reporting according to donor regulations.
- Interfaces closely with Grant Managers to ensure all information is produced in a way that ensures quality donor engagement as well as quality and integration of Save the Children interventions at the programme design and reporting stage.
- Brokers training opportunities and resources to build capacity in programme staff – i.e. proposal development, report writing, project cycle management, or donor compliance
- To support the Advocacy Advisor by coordinating Save the Children Child Rights and Business Principles projects with companies.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- Masters level university degree and a good understanding of issues related to corporate social responsibility (CSR)
- More than 5 years of work experience
- Proven track record in working with key account tasks and global corporates
- Knowledge and experience of designing and implementing communications and advocacy campaigns
- Current knowledge of CSR themes and reporting procedures as well as communication
- Good analytical and problem solving skills with a strong attention to details
- Fluency in written and spoken English and computer literacy
- Commitment to and understanding of Save the Children’s aims, values and principles
- Knowledge of working with child rights and human rights business principles
- Highly developed interpersonal and communication skills including influencing, negotiation and coaching
- Highly developed cultural awareness and ability to work well in an international environment with people from diverse backgrounds and cultures.
- Strong results orientation, with the ability to challenge existing mindsets.
- Experience of solving complex issues through analysis, definition of a clear way forward and ensuring buy in.
- Ability to present complex information in a succinct and compelling manne
Recruitment and selection procedures and checks reflect our commitment to the protection of children from abuse.
Applications with salary requirements to be sent by 13th of March to email@example.com. Please include the title Business Development Manager- Global Corporates of Finland on the envelope and in the application.
Head of Fundraising Unit Sari Meller phone: +358 50 400 8199 Tuesday 28th of Feb. at 2-4 pm or Business Development Manager Reeta Partanen +358 50 302 1817 Wednesday 1st of March at 1-3 pm and Friday 3rd of March at 12-01 pm.