Slogan for youth activities in Save the Children was formulated in 2006 when Changing Power – conference for active young members was organised in Sweden. The slogan turns an old saying upside down: We are important and we have opinions NOW – not only tomorrow!
Everyone under 29 years old who is interested in children’s rights and advocacy work can join as a youth member in Save the Children. Youth members have a right to pay reduced member fee.
In Finland the youth coordinator Sini Korhonen has the responsibility for youth activities. You may ask her anything concerning youth activities in Save the Children. Do not hesitate to send email or call: sini.korhonen(at)savethechildren.fi or 040 759 8776.
Why become a youth member in Save the Children?
- You can live your life as a full member of the society already today
- You can influence your own affairs
- You can influence healingly also the lives of others
- You can influence the realization of child rights and spread the information about them
- You can take part in the decision making processes in our organization
- You can do practical things to benefit children and youth
- You can be a part of making the world a better place for children and young people
You can become a member here (in Finnish).