Inclusive Basic Education
Improving access, quality and safety of basic education for the most vulnerable children
Save the Children Finland contributes to the goal of universal education by increasing children’s access to basic education, including early childhood education which is widely considered as key to school success. Special focus is given to girls, children with disabilities and children belonging to marginalized groups.
Addressing the right to education requires concentrated efforts from governments, international and civil society organizations as well as communities alike. Inclusiveness, non-discrimination and quality are at the core of interventions together with the promotion of access.
Save the Children Finland works to:
- Promote quality education through analysis on and dissemination of good practices on inclusive education.
- Ensure meaningful child participation in education.
- Promote schools as safe places to learn by ending violence in and around schools.
- Strengthen national education systems by supporting parents, education service providers and governments to fulfil their duties towards children.
- Develop the capacities of policy-makers to support strategies towards inclusive quality education.
- Organize awareness-raising campaigns among parents and communities to create an increase in the demand for quality education services.